First of all, I would like to give a shout out to Judy, Lizzy, and Melissa for doing wonderful in their sprint triathlon (turned into a deuxathalon, butwas still hard)! Y'all make me want to be a better runner.
After watching those awesome ladies run and bike, it made me excited for my run this morning. There was an article in Runner's World called "Affair of the Feet" where a guy goes through a midlife crisis and instead of buying a new expensive sports car or taking up with a younger woman, he instead sneaks out to train for a marathon. He is absolutely in love with running. This is how I felt last night. I looked up races, checked out the swag they offered, readtips about nutrition and stretches, etc. This morning, however, I woke up feeling blah.
I dragged myself out of bed slower than usual and by the time we reached North Shore, I was a zombie. My poor mother has to deal with me every morning which should probably put her in the running to be a saint by next month. Leah commented that I was actually a lot quieter than usual (I am usually the annoying running partner that jokes too much and sings songs that make the other runners want to strangle you, i.e. anything by Journey). The run started out at a faster pace because Leah was on fire this morning. I kept up for about...8 minutes or so and then fell behind. The turnaround was horrible and I ran for another 4 minutes or so and then I had to walk. My right foot has started hurting on the bottom around the arch and in the middle. My left ankle and shins were acting up as well. I added in a few faster bursts of running so that I would at least have 2/3 or more of my exercise this morning be running.
I had such a great run on Saturday and I was bubbling over with my l'amour des pieds that I am really disappointed in myself for not running the whole time and keeping up. Ugh. I know everyone has a bad run and this is one of mine, I just wish they were less frequent. One consolation was that I found out that using a tennis ball to massage your feet really works and feels awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment