Monday, August 8, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

Today was an interesting run...we did our walk 2/jog 26/ walk 2 and we tried it out in a different place. We ended up running on a half open trail and then around a corporate outdoor resting place equipped with mini-gazebo and koi pond (if not koi then maybe...goldfish, salmon, tiger sharks..who really knows).I also got to try out my new running skirt which unfortunately gives me a muffin and not a very tasteful (surely not tasty :P) one at that. I was almost head to toe in black so you can see where I would be what Kat calls the "invisible pedestrian" who could easily be slapped down by a passing F-150 or BMW. My mother trucked along in her walk as usual and we gave each other the high 5 when we passed one another. My run was momentously slow...not a tad slow, but Mom couldn't tell if I was just hobbling or running. Our usual pace is what I like to call the "bouncy walk" because it is slow, but you can't call it walking because it has the necessary bounce of running. It was probably....95 percent humidity this morning because I was sweating like a Baptist Preacher at a strip club. Thank God for my towel.

After this fun ordeal, we went to the grocery store where EVERYTHING looked sooo good and I kept wondering what to eat. I picked up the latest issue of Runner's World and contemplated what breakfast would be. Most athletes seem to have some yogurt, fruit, maybe a protein shake, toast with an egg...not me. I closed in on the deli at HEB and my eyes wandered to...wait for it...corned beef. Yep, I said it. I was seriously salivating at the idea of a sandwich made with this delectable processed meat. I imagined a ten foot high sub full of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, my beloved deli choice, mayo, spicy mustard, pickles, a little onion, and garnished with a toothpick holding an olive. However, this would probably put me in a coma. When I got home I used my little sandwich thins, a light coating of mayo and 2 slices of the beef. It was lovely, but not as good as it was in my head. I'll let you know how I'm holding up later.

On a final note, for some reason my blog is set to Pacific Time and I don't know how to change it sooo things might look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment