Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hey...the Waterway didn't suck today....

For the first time my run on the Waterway wasn't horrible! This is my fourth time running here and all the other times were abysmal. We did pretty OK today with a 1 min walk/29 min run/1 min walk at a...16:15 pace. Leah's garmin kept going in and out the other day and said we did a 17:30 pace which was really depressing. I slowed down quite a bit at the turnaround because my right knee became stiff for the first time and I noticed the second I straightened my left foot that my right foot started pronating inwards. Am I pigeon toed now? Geez. Well, as you can tell that was not my most exciting run, but most of them won't be.

I came across an awesome documentary called "Spirit of the Marathon" on Netflix and it was on streaming..yay! I usually am not a fan of inspirational pieces because most of the time I find them to be cheesy and disingenuous, however this one was different. I was able to relate to the runners and it had a good variety of people from 2 elite runners to a couple trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon, to an old man who has done marathons before, to two newbies. I watched them in their running groups or running solo early ass in the morning. I laughed because we look like crazy people to most because we are out around 6-6:30am, 5 days a week. Leah showed me this youtube video that I think you will enjoy about a man training for an Ironman competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

No comments:

Post a Comment