Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rockport Running

Hello! Greetings from Rockport, TX inside of a beautiful cottage on the gulf. I am intensely enjoying the weather and view of the water. It is lovely here and I am with my family from Oregon, Rockport, and Houston. Well, even though I am on vacation (how much vacation can an unemployed person have?) that doesn't mean the training stops. I got up yesterday with my aunt, uncle, and cousin to do the Saturday run. I was pumped, dressed and ready to go. When we went outside there were two frat boys sleeping on the lawn next door. It was pretty funny and we all took pictures of the unconscious duo. My cousin and I took it slow while taking in the view of the water, sunrise, birds, and beach houses. There were fewer people exercising at 7 then I expected, but they all decided to come out around 8 or 9. The roads were pretty bumpy and rocky, but the good part was that it was virtually uninhabited and we had a nice breeze. We did 42 minutes (all time longest run for me and my cousin)and it wasn't too bad. Not sure if I am going to leave today or wait a week...decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment