Today was a sad day because I didn't have my girls with me :(
Alas, Kat was doing job stuff in Houston and Leah was sick so I was the lone slow person. It wasn't all bad. I had a mini pep talk from Leah last night to go anyway and not to give into wanting to skip because they weren't there. To tell you the truth, I had only done one run besides today this week. Tuesday there was some freaky lightning storm so we opted out and on Thursday there was also a mini-storm brewing so we opted out then too. I have no excuse for not running Wednesday or Friday, so I needed to do my Saturday run. This would prove that I am really dedicated and not just full of crap. I have a history of giving up on projects that I am excited about in the beginning and I don't want this to be one of them. We are now into October and I have been working at this since July so it is way too late to give up now and I have a little over 5 more months of training until the half.
Well, I went with the group and we all did 3.25 today and as I thought I was at the tail end doing my own thing. My right foot was hurting as per usual and my left ankle/shin was yelling at me as well, but it was so beautiful this morning. It was chilly, the air smelled fresh, and I just kept looking straight on. Once I recognized where I was at, it became so much easier. I knew where every footfall would lead and I could gage my time. My breathing was good, I didn't overexert myself, and I kept up with my run/walk schedule without my trusty timekeeper extraordinaire (Leah)! I realized that I am capable of training alone even though it is hard for me. I missed the jokes, random chat, comments, corrections, and check ins we usually have. I know it was one lousy day, but it also made me realize how much I love and appreciate my good friends that I am lucky enough to run with. Ladies, you are the best and I look forward to many miles of friendship :)
No comments:
Post a Comment