Sunday, October 23, 2011

DIY Route

This weekend I was pumped for starting 4 miles. This is the first increase we have had in a while and I couldn't wait to see how my legs faired with it. Kat and I started at 6:30, (15 min before the others who are doing 4 miles because our pace is slower) did our yoga, checked the route, and headed out. We got as far as Grogan's Mill and Woodlands Pkwy when we realized that our directions didn't make any sense. They had us going to the left and hitting a street we knew wasn't in that direction. We also thought going right would be suicide since it is a high traffic area with no path. We decided at that point to make our own route. The problem with this was that we didn't have anything telling us how far we were going, we forgot our phones, and unlike our high-tech friend Leah we didn't have gps. We knew the streets we were on so we ended up making this crazy convoluted route around the Mall area. We were out for about an hour and fourty-five minutes before we made it back. Now, it takes us about 52 minutes to finish 3.25 miles, and here we are at almost twice that time. I seriously thought we walked too much and only got in about 3.5 miles or so. Katherine looked really tired, but I figured it was from her job and I felt OK. After I got home, I decided to see how far it was on www.mapmyrun.com. I was extremely surprised to find the result: we went 5.29 miles. This now explains a lot. I started laughing really hard and immediately called Kat to let her know about our mishap. I think next time I ought to print out the map and maybe we won't end up late, confused, and sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment