It was bound to happen one of these days...
We did our group Tuesday run and I was late. My coach is really specific about the time we start and I was running late. I thought I would be there on time and ended up there 5 minutes late. I was texting Kat to see how far ahead they were and then I booked it. My 10 minute warmup was all over the place and I was going faster than my race pace. The problem was that I burned myself out really fast and I still didn't see them. Eventually Liz came back and got me and we found Kat. By now it was about 7:25ish and pitch black outside. We were following her little flash light as we did 1:1 patterns up and down the little hills. By now my foot was falling asleep as per usual and I was trying to wake it up. Then both of them started falling asleep. And then it happened. I don't know how, but as if in slow motion I hit the pavement. Splat! It wasn't so bad, but it was the first fall I had ever had on a run. I just ended up with a bloody knee and a sore ankle. I feel pretty good now, but it is so annoying to have to shower with a freshly skinned knee that burns like hell when water, soap or anything touches it.
On a lighter note, now I know how my route goes for the next two saturdays! It is amazing what actually looking at the map will do and actually following directions. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment