I know I haven't posted in a while and this would actually cover a whole slew of runs that I did. Well, last week I was run happy and did 5 days instead of 4 and did about 13 miles total. We decided to do a 3.16 mile trail run o Thursday and did it successfully except for getting lost a couple dozen times. Also, my little group moved up from doing 2.5 to 3.25 on Saturdays! I was very excited and proud of us! Later that day, I decided that I will most likely stick to the 4x a week because my quads for the first time were really sore. My lung capacity has improved and my form is also better. I am so proud of the way things are going and we have almost been training for 3 months! I remember when running for 10 minutes was a huge challenge and now I make 2.5 miles look easy.
Now, yesterday was an awful run. It was supposed to be our relaxing 2 mile run before we get tortured the rest of the week. It was tiring, painful, and miserable. First off, it felt like the summer mornings we used to train with which were bathed in humidity. We were as Leah would say "swimming in tomato soup." I was not a fan. Secondly, I think I am in the wrong shoes. The sole of my right foot feels horrible and my feet are STILL falling asleep. I am also getting pain in my left ankle and shin. I feel that I shouldn't complain too much because these are typical runner’s woes, but I think the right shoe would help. It is also around the right time to get a new pair as well. I think my cushion has flattened out and possibly getting inserts would help.
I am also having trouble motivating myself to eat better. For some reason it is easier to eat well OR exercise, but both together are rather difficult. I will start today off right, don't worry, but everyday choices are really hard. I do, however, cut calories in my lattes (not much help, but still there) and enjoy eating at Salata where we get the best salad wraps ever! We have become a little obsessed with going there and the staff knows us. Anyway, I plan on writing more than I did the last couple weeks so I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment