Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Runs

Well this was a crazy weekend of running. We got together for our second Saturday run and did about 2.35 miles. I was tired, slow, and ready to stop. Somewhere in the middle of running, I started to ask myself, why the hell am I doing this? Am I crazy? Who does this for fun? Evidently I do. I had a few sport beans and pleanty of water. Leah was kicking our butts by being far ahead, and Kat and I were hobbling along. The yoga after was nice and Childs Pose was again the favorite. Actually, my favorite part is when I roll over into fetal position and just lay there like a lump.

Leah had the bright idea to run on Sunday morning because she will be missing Tuesday. I thought it sounded good, especailly since we wanted to get 2.5 miles in. We tried a different route and we played a kind of back and forth or what Leah calls "Rabbit Chasing". First I was ahead, then she was, I was, she was, and so on. Part of the route was beautiful with trees, fallen leaves, and shade. The weather was nice and cool (until the run back). I was good until about half way and then I started to fizzle. when I noticed that we were almost back I ran faster. We weren't that fast, but I have noticed that my legs are stronger and my lung capasity is better as well. Leah said that I don't do my "bouncy walk" as much anymore since my legs are stronger.

Since I did the Sunday run, I decided to skip my run this morning. I set my alarm for 5:30 and I hit the snooze button about 8 times and decided that my body loudly proclaimed "NEIN" to running. I slept in and felt great. Now for tonight, I have my foam roller exercises left to do and then a run tomorrow evening. My legs will be ready by then, but not ready for all of the lunges and squats we will do!

1 comment:

  1. Part of the route was beautiful with tree, fallen leaves & shade...which is also known in Texas as KINDLING! That sun wasn't fun in parts though & my hip was telling me to go to hell. All in all...that run sucked. LOL

    ReplyDelete