I did a 5K yesterday and was really excited to do it. It's less than 2 weeks to the half (OMG!!!) and I wanted to push myself some before the big day. Kat and I got out there and the race started at around 7:15am. The course was on Allen Parkway and if you've ever gone down that road, you know that once you go under the bridge it is a huge downhill followed by an uncomfortable uphill. This meant that we would be doing a total of four uphills. We ended up walking those and running our asses off on the flat areas. I finished in 46:17 which was a few minutes off of my last 5K and I PRed my average pace (14:56) and PRed my fastest mile (14:07). It was a great day for running. Unfortunatly, they lied on the website and said that we would all get medals for running the 5K and....nope. This makes me not want to sign up for this race again.
I have been slipping on my training for the last month or so by only getting in maybe 2 runs per week (this includes my long run). I am determined to get in at least 3 per week and not to kill myself during these so I can save a lot of myself for the half. I am a bit nervous and just want to finish the dang thing! On long runs my pace has gotten really slow (between 16:30-17) and my IT band has been bothering me as well. I am just going to have to take it easy on short runs. This should be a crazy 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment