Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Long Time, No See

I have not written in forever! Well, a lot of running, work and other things have happened. We will be doing 8 miles this Saturday and we have finished our base running at this point. In this point in my training, we are at the sharpening point which is where we do tempo runs once a week. Tonight we have 4 miles and have a speed pattern for them as well. I also recieved a garmin for Christmas which was amazing, however, I am struggling with how to use it correctly. I have also been through 2 pairs of new shoes that haven't worked for my feet which are the Brooks Ghost and the Asics Gel Landrith 7s. I might have to run in the Asics tonight, but I think it will be OK.

Also, since this is a new year, I did the most cliche thing possible: I joined Weight Watchers. It was really depressing for me to see how much weight I've gained in the past year and a half. I did it to myself and can't blame anyone else. I think I am over the sad phase and into the let's bring it phase. I know I have tendencies to do something for a while and then quit, come back, quit, come back, but I'd like to break that cycle. I know Weight Watchers works and I've lost weight on it before (40 lbs) and I can do it again. I am also excited for the fact that if I am lighter, I can run better and maybe some of my foot problems will go away. I will let you know how my journey goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment