Yes, it's that time again. Time to hit the trail and the track. My coach started her new training program on Tuesday and I am stoked! We are now working on speed training,which is completely new to me. We met at the track and we have a few new members with mostly returning faces from last season. We started off with 30 minutes of yoga (which felt amazing) and then did a few running drills. After that, Coach Liz set up a paper with our names and where our faster pace should be per 400. I was at a 3:15 (4.00 is comfortable for me, but the point of this is to puch it some). I was actually better off at a 3:30, which was where I started. My other four laps were 3:25, 3:24, 3:15, and 3:07. I actually didn't know that I was running that fast on the last lap, I just knew I was getting a bit tired. It felt good to do those and after each lap, we would walk 100 and then come back to run another lap.
Most of us have races coming up, mostly small ones like 5Ks and 10Ks. I am actually doing the Kemah 5K at the end of next month which should be fun. I am acutally looking to set some PRs there since we are doing speed right now. I am glad that Leah has started to run again despite her injury and hope that Kat continues to run. Leah ran 4 laps with me and kept up a pretty good pace for not having ran in 2 months. My coworker Chelsea will do the 5K with me and is doing the "Couch to 5K" program.
The next thing I really need to work on is my diet. It sucks. I am on Weight Watchers and I have just been in a slump lately. I have been emotionally eating and been worrying about stuff I shouldn't which causes...MORE EATING. Need a plan here that will work for me. I know WW works, but I've just been lazy with it. I just have to try and it will work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment