Happy November!
This is the start of a new month and a new training schedule. Tonight's focus was hills. I had no idea there were actually hilly places in the back of my town, but yep...there are. Leah had called me on the way there and thought the hills looked scary and thought we would die. Leah and I were the only ones doing 3 miles while everyone else did 4. We stayed pretty slow and steady the whole time and our calves were feeling good in comparison to Monday's awful 2 miles. Liz ran back to us and came with us to the hills. It wasn't bad at all. I thought it would be much worse than it was, but we correctly approached the hills and didn't attack them. We made it to the top, took that lovely decline for a few minutes, ran back up and turned back to the park. Unfortunatly Leah, pointed out to Liz that we only did 2.5 according to her garmin (stupid thing) so she suggested we run a little more. I know it was only a half mile more, but I felt so done. I did feel better after we finished, but we only made it to 2.85 before we needed to go back.
Right now I am a little sore so I see some rolling in my future of my calves, IT band, and feet. The good part is that my feet were awake the whole time as opposed to last week when I wiped out. So far, so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment